Do the Work by Steven Pressfield in one line:
Book introduces resistance (fear), what is it, how to overcome it and do the work.
The What:Nature of resistance (fear)
Inevitable, Impersonal, Infallible,Goes for the Kill, it is intelligent, logical, omnipresent
- Look at Resistance – as a compass to guide you
- More the Resistance – more reason to go through with it (stay with the energy)
- Begin – Begin fast.Begin now. Start Before you are ready
- Idea materializes through you – you are just the means. Allow it be what it wants to be
- Till you Ship. It’s not done, till you ship (be stubborn and get it done)
How Bad do you want to do the work?
Dabbling • Interested • Intrigued but Uncertain • Passionate • Totally Committed
Why Do you want to do the work?
For the babes (or the dudes) •The money • For fame • Because I deserve it • For power • To prove my old man (or ex-spouse, mother, teacher, coach) • To serve my vision of how life/mankind ought to be • For fun or beauty • Because I have no choice